It goes without saying that I love summer! Love the weather, the activities, the clothes, all of it. But, once September hits, even though it’s not quite fall yet, my mindset flips to fall. Especially when it comes to fashion. I’m ready to put on those cute jackets, chic blazers and sexy booties. Plus, with each new season I look forward to the new trends.
Here are a few of my favorites for Fall 2017.
(Full disclosure: All of the products below are taken from the Lulus site of which I am an affiliate, if you purchase any items from the links I have included on this page I will receive a small commission. As a customer of the site I can say I love their products! Thank you.)
- Burgundy and velvet. This dress from Lulus is a great way to wear the trend. Perfect for a special event or throw a jacket or sweater over it and wear it to work (depending on your dress code of course!). I would certainly wear this to my job at Saks, with a long black sweater and booties it’s perfect.
2) Motorcycle jackets. There are a myriad of them to choose from these days, I love one that has accents that differentiate it from the pack. Like this one with its exaggerated collar. I love the classic look wearing it over a t-shirt but also dig a moto in the atypical sense, over a cocktail dress or button down shirt. Click here shop the one below and for more style options and colors.
3) Rose Gold and platform sneakers. Sneakers can be paired with anything these days, I love mine with leggings and a t-shirt or dressing them up with a mini skirt, cami and blazer. Shop this pair by clicking the image below and to view more options.
What’s your favorite trend right now?
I’ve been struggling with trying to combine my fashion and fitness expertise into one “brand”. I love both so very much and when I’m in the midst of either am so happy. I love the joy of putting together a killer outfit and the feeling a great workout and eating healthy bring to me. I struggle with how I can share these with the world in a streamlined, sensible way.
Nowadays the two go had in hand. Fashion and fitness are so intertwined for a few reasons. First, the emergence of Athleisure has made it not only fashionable but practical to dress in fitness apparel. That is if you’re doing it right of course! If you follow me on Instagram (@ugobabyfitness) you’ll know I work as a stylist at Saks Fifth Avenue in Boston, so I get to see all the latest styles come in. From Public School, Opening Ceremony, to even higher end designer brands like Fendi and Vehements, athletic is the latest aesthetic.
If you struggle with how you can sport this style here are some ideas I pulled from some Street Style sites.
Midriff baring tops are back big time. If you are comfortable enough rock the hell out of those sports bras wherever you go.
This i certainly a more bold look, red heels are a must in anyone’s wardrobe. They go with everything!
I love how Gigi pairs her gym outfit with an elegant coat.
This is your most basic athleisure look, I love it though. Simple and so on trend. The motorcycle jacket is everything right now.
I love how these heels pair with the striped pants.
You can wear sneakers with anything.
Some of these styles are a bit more bold than others, but they can help inspire you to get more fashionable, funky and even glamorous with your workout clothes. What’s your favorite athleisure look?
It hardly feels like Spring where I live. It’s cold, damp and cloudy here in New England, but that doesn’t stop me from ogling the beautiful spring fashions. Being a part-time stylist, I’m around the current trends all the time and here are a few of my favorites.
1) High-neck, delicate blouses like this one from H & M.
2) Floral Maxi dresses with a peasant / bohemian vibe. This one is from ASOS.
3) Metallic skirts like this from Nasty Gal.
What trends are you in love with this spring?