I read this article yesterday on embracing your body and loving yourself just the way you are. We expect so much from ourselves and others. Often we want others to love us “just the way we are” but have trouble loving everything about ourselves, including our imperfections. We put ourselves down, body and soul. It’s human nature to be hardest on oneself which serves the purpose of helping us to be better people. But, as important as it is to try to be better, it’s equally important to love yourself.
The biggest inspiration for me to love myself and be confident in who I am is my children. I think about what I want for them and how I want them to feel. More than anything, I want them to have the utmost appreciation for who they are, where they come from, what they have to offer the world and most of all, to be confident. In order to teach them to be this way I realize I need to practice these skills myself.
A good way to kick off your day with confidence is to take a few minutes to appreciate YOU, body, mind and soul. Here are some mantras you can say to yourself when you wake up in the morning to kick-start your day with confidence:
- I am enough. I do enough, I have enough.
- I love myself. I am a beautiful, unique spirit. There is no one else quite like me.
- I let my happiness be visible to others. My happiness overflows from me. I can use my happiness to bring joy to others.
- I thank my body for taking such good care of me today. It is perfect and takes such good care of me.
- My body is a gift and I love and appreciate it just the way it is.
How do you practice appreciating yourself?