- Take your vitamin C, for obvious reasons.
- Drink black or green tea instead of coffee. The breathing in of steam helps stimulate the cilia in your nostrils to help air out infection. Plus tea is a great detoxifier.
- Get outside. Getting fresh air and exercise help with circulation and getting better sleep. It’s also been proven to prevent depression in the winter months which can also lead to illness.
- Make sure you are getting enough protein. Healthy proteins include fish, egg whites and low sugar yogurts.
- Sanitize. Lavender oil is a wonderful natural sanitizer and great aromatherapy.
- Drink your juice. Juicers are great way to get nutrients without all the added sugars and preservatives in store-bought juice. Try these fruits and veggies jam-packed with nutrients: kale, broccoli, apples, arugula, parsley, lemon, swiss chard. Add some mint for flavor and a fresh aroma.
- Drink a lot of water to clear out your system.
- Exercise. Make sure you are getting enough exercise to promote circulation and to sweat out toxins.
- Meditate. Clear your head, de-stress and relax with meditation. Studies show that anxiety and stress increase your likelihood of getting sick, so take time out for yourself to just chill.
- SLEEP! Most important is getting enough rest. When you are over-tired your body is not at its strongest to prevent illness. Set an alarm at night to remind yourself when you should be in bed, I suggest turning off electronic devices and getting in bed a little earlier than normal. This gives you time to decompress and forget about the stresses of the day before falling asleep.
Do you have any tips you can share with us?