Wanna be happier with what you see on the scale and more importantly in the mirror? Here are some easy ways to cut calories out of your daily diet that you may not even notice.
1) Cut out the cream and cut down the sugar in your coffee. The amount of sugar and cream you put in your coffee can make a big difference in your calorie in take for the day. Try using reduced fat milk or skim and less sugar. I don’t recommend using sucralose (Splenda) or sugar substitutes as they have found health risks attached to both and I find that they make me more tired and irritable.
2) Eat more protein earlier in the day. Have an egg, yogurt or peanut butter (Sunbutter if you’re allergic to peanuts) on whole wheat toast at breakfast. Studies show that eating more protein early in the day keeps you more full and energized throughout the day.
3) Stop drinking your calories but don’t switch to diet. There are over 100 calories in your average can of cola and many of us don’t just drink the can anymore with the 20 oz. bottle option that’s supposedly 2 servings. These are empty calories giving you little energy and certainly not giving you the nutrients you need to get through your day. Drink more water. Hydrating has so many benefits including giving you a feeling of being more full so you eat less.
On the diet tip, diet sodas contain sugar substitutes that both drain your energy and have been shown to lead to obesity and heart disease, among other things.
4) Whole wheat pita for lunch. Using whole wheat pita bread for your sandwich instead of regular bread will save you 70 calories.
5) Use whipped butter instead of stick butter. It contains fewer calories since there is air added to it in the whipping process. Just stick to the same amount you would normally use!
6) Pat away grease from your slice. You’re pretty much alone if you don’t love pizza and it’s incredibly hard to avoid. So when in Rome, no pun intended, pat your pizza with a napkin to rid it of excess grease. This can cut up to 100 calories!
7) Afternoon break. Lot’s of us enjoy a coffee break in the afternoon and end up getting calorie ridden lattes instead of plain old coffee. Try and cut back on those afternoon calories by going for the skinny latte when you can. This will save you about 70 calories.
8) Bag it. Portion out your snacks for the day in zip lock bags so you know exactly how much you are eating. And try to make those snacks fruits and vegetables!
Do you have anything to add?
Thanks for stopping by!! Hope you all are doing well on your 8 to Great challenge this week!!
Hilary Ann Lambert