Megan Young is the official Miss World 2013. She is the first woman from the Philippines to win this high honor and she certainly has the physique to prove it.
We wondered how these women prepare to go on stage wearing practically nothing and still have confidence. Even the thinnest of us have our days where we feel bloated . Here are a few tips to avoid bloatation…
1) Eat 25 grams of Fiber a day. Fiber is a good way to stay full longer and to keep regular activity in your digestive system avoiding constipation which can make you feel bloated and of course, uncomfortable.
2) Get 30 minutes of physical activity a day. Any kind, this counts walking around you house or office. You don’t have to go to the gym to count how much physical activity you are getting. A good way to make sure you are getting enough is to get a pedometer to keep track of your steps. A person should average 10,000 steps a day to stay in good health.
3) Limit Sodium. Sodium contributes to bloat. Aim to have only 1,500 mg of sodium per day.
4) Don’t eat too fast! We’ve all heard this is a good way to prevent weight gain but it also prevents bloating. When you eat too quickly you swallow a lot of air and hence become more bloated. Your meals should last about 30 minutes.
5) Eat foods that prevent bloat. Such as peppermint tea, ginger, pineapple, yogurt and bananas.