With the lazy, hot days of summer over it’s a great time of year to spice up your fitness routine. Here are some ideas we came up with to help you get ready and motivated for a great workout season this fall. What suggestions can you add to this list?
1) New workout gear. I don’t know about you but new clothes always make me feel a little better about myself and ready to take on whatever task I have for the day. The same goes for workout clothes. Of course it’s fine to wear old sweats and a t-shirt to the gym, but wearing clothes that make you feel good and confident will both motivate you to get to the gym and perhaps stay a little longer since you won’t be rushing to hit the showers and make yourself look presentable.
At U Go Baby we’re not fans of spending a ton of money on workout clothes, especially if you workout as much as we do you don’t want your entire paycheck at Lululemon. Stores like, T.J. Maxx, Marshall’s and the like have a great selection of affordable workout clothing.
Where do you like to shop for workout clothes?
2) Be prepared for the cold. Fleeces, headbands, gloves will stop you from making excuses to not get out for a run.
What do you wear when the weather gets cold?
3) Plan a hike. Hiking is a great workout and a great way to spend your day with loved ones and see some beautiful sites. A good site to plan your next hike is Backpacker.com. It not only has details about trails near you but also provides useful information on how to prepare for a hike, physically, mentally and nutritionally.
4) Get philanthropic. There are lots of charity races going on this time of year. Sign up for one! Not only will it motivate you to get into racing shape, but you’ll feel good that you’re doing something charitable. CoolRunning.com is a good place to both find races and get advice on training.
If you’re intimidated by the prospect of running a race or just running in general, try the Couch to 5K app. I’ve spoken to many people who have tried it and love it.
5) Facebook workout community. Start a Facebook “workout club” with your friends, neighbors, colleagues or anyone you know is into physical fitness. The goal of this group should be to motivate each other to workout by posting when, where, what you are doing and inviting people to join. You can even post pictures of your progress to make it a little more inspiring / competitive.
If you don’t want to start your own Facebook workout page an easy solution is to join ours here… U Go Baby Fitness.
Until next time, remember you’re just one workout away from a good mood.