1) Cut out Dairy
Dairy foods are good sources of calcium, vitamin A and vitamin D, but they can provide considerable amounts of fat. Once popularized as food that could help you lose weight, unrestricted dairy intake was soon shown to increase weight, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine reports. The Weight-control Information Network (WIN) says dairy can be included in a healthful diet, but it should be low in fat. Consumption of cheese, ice cream, and higher-fat dairy foods should be limited. Such foods provide discretionary calories and can be removed from the diet without any adverse effects.
2) Switch to Whole grains
Switching to 100% whole-wheat or whole-grain bread is easy, especially now that so many 100% whole-wheat products are available in supermarkets — from hot dog buns to breakfast cereals to pasta.
Whole grains are naturally low-fat and cholesterol free; contain 10% to 15% protein; and offer loads of fiber, minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, phytochemicals, and more. Whole grains can help to protect you against cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes, insulin resistance, obesity, and some cancers. And you may see a difference quickly, some experts say.
3) Walk whenever possible! To the store, work, to pick up your kids. If it’s cold, bundle up and go!! I promise you’ll feel great if you do.
4) Get inspired by music… my current gym fav is this one, Calvin Harris and Florence Welch’s Sweet Nothing…
5) Sign up for a class… Barre, Yoga, Zumba, Pilates, Kickboxing.. whatever it is sign up! Don’t join a gym if you’ve never gone before. If you sign up for a class they’ll teach you the moves and you will be in it with the rest of the group, you’ll meet people and have fun with it! Besides, you’ll be more aped to go if you pay for a class that meets at a specific time once or twice a week then if you get a monthly pass to a gym.
6) Get a subscription to a health magazine.
7) Put up pictures of your ideal body. Picturing someone who’s especially fit helps me to run a little faster and /or eat a little less.
8) Weight Train.
9) Get a workout buddy.
10) Count Calories or join Weight Watchers and work the point system, it really works!