Ask anyone who’s close to me, I’m not the go to person on organization by any means. I’ve always had trouble getting my things in order and feeling a sense of calm and cleanliness in my surroundings. I’ve talked to a few people I know who are highly organized to the point that it might actually be an illness. I’m kidding, but the point is they’ve got it together.
Here’s my top 5 take aways…
1) Make your bed every morning, the state of your bed is the state of your head.
2) Empty dishwasher in the morning and fill it throughout the day, do not wait for dishes to pile up in the sink.
3) Make mail boxes for each member of your household and immediately sort mail and throw away / recycle junk to prevent it from piling up.
4) Wipe down sinks and toilets with disinfectant wipes at the end of the day to prevent the bathrooms from getting too dirty. This is especially helpful for those of us with young boys who may not be aiming so well yet.
5) Prepare clothes and lunches for the next day the night before. This is a great way to make your mornings more efficient, it will give you time to make your bed. 🙂
These may be pretty obvious to most people but some of us need a little reminder every once in a while.
What are your simple suggestions for staying organized?